How to Maintain and Monitor Your Smart Home
Ensure Your Connecticut Home is Protected and Preserved with 24-7 Service and Support
It’s true that any piece of technology you purchase is a long-term investment- especially smart home automation. You have to regularly monitor and maintain your system to ensure reliable and quality performance. But the truth is you don’t have to worry about losing out when you work with a professional like Rich AV Design. Not only will we service your smart home for life, but we’ll also make any needed updates along the way so that it always works best. Keep reading to see if your house in the Darien, CT area can benefit from our three service plans.
In the past, integrators had to travel to your residence to fix a problem. It would take time and planning to orchestrate a repair or update. If the issue was incredibly important, but the device or system shut down after hours, you’d have to wait until the next business day, or next morning to get service.
But today we have a new technology called remote monitoring, which is the ability to connect to a smart home remotely and perform repairs and updates. You don’t have to work out a time in your schedule to bring a person over to do the work, it can all be done remotely. The beauty of this service is that your smart home will stay in good condition at all times, and since the technology is actively monitoring your property, we’ll know immediately if there is ever problem.
We know it can be incredibly frustrating when your internet service goes down or a device breaks. Our service plans give you the assurance that we’ll be there for you 24-7 and will proactively maintain your smart home for years. Here are the different features included in our service plans. There are three different levels you can choose from.
- Daily network bandwidth & performance test
- Monitoring of network hardware (Router, Managed Switches & APs)
- Monitoring of Savant host (If applicable)
- Remote Reboots of monitored devices Mon - Fri 8am - 5pm
- Automated Reboot of the internet if it’s down for 30min
- Weekly reboots of cable boxes and Apple TVs
- Dynamic DNS Service Included (For cameras & remote access)
In addition to the Basic Plan services, you’ll also receive:
- Monitoring of Apple TVs, RoKu, Amazon (Streaming players)
- Monitoring of Music players (Autonomic Controls, Sonos, etc…)
- Monitoring of Lighting and Shading control system
- Monitoring of Security camera DVR (If applicable)
- Remote Reboots of monitored devices Mon - Sun & Holidays 8am - 10pm
- Priority Onsite Service Scheduling
- Remote system diagnostics & troubleshooting
- 2 Yearly Preventative Maintenance Service Calls Included ($2,480.00 Value)
In addition to the Basic and Standard services, you’ll also receive:
- 4 Yearly Preventative Maintenance Service Calls Included ($4,960.00 Value)
- Loaner Equipment on TVs and readily available parts if required
If you have any questions or would like more information about these Service Plan Offerings, please contact us online.